Always, please consult a physician, licensed therapist or professional trainer before beginning an exercise program.
Why exercise on the H2OGym underwater treadmill?
Have you ever noticed how people exercising in the pool are smiling, while the people in the gym are grimacing and don't look happy?
If you are exercising for better cardiovascular, endurance and strength benefits (and not nursing a joint, therapy or rehab issue) there may be several reasons for a workout on an underwater treadmill. Aquatic Exercise is recommended for many reasons-
There are many benefits to aquatic exercise on an underwater treadmill.
- For people not able to exercise on a landbased treadmill for many reasons, they will be able to burn the same or more calories when walking on an underwater treadmill at the same pace as walking on a landbased treadmill. (see Research Links)
- Track coaches are beginning to require their track athletes to workout in the pool at least twice a week for 2 reasons- fewer injuries(esp. stress fractures) and exercise with increased resistance for potentially greater speed and endurance.
- Marathon runners and ultra marathon runners that want more "mileage" with less chance of injury will be able to run and increase the load.
What makes H2OGym the best choice?
Smooth movement and
stable rails for support.
What makes Flip 'n Go the best choice for portable equipment?
rails on 3 sides and
Patented folding for quick easy storage.
How do you increase the workload?
For the best fitness options, the exercise prescription may include several steps to increasing the exercise load-
- Increase the stride length
- Increase the speed/tempo
- Add ankle fins for increased drag
- If there are no joint issues, decreasing the depth of water to as much as waist level will increase the workload- but decrease the other benefits from aquatic exercise.
What should be the proper water depth?
If you are a healthy individual with no therapy, rehab, joint or other issues,
for most people most resources suggest the depth while on the treadmill to be approximately the center of the chest or at the level of the xiphoid process. For most people the pool depth should be between 3 and 4 feet- depending on many factors- please refer to a professional for personal recommendations.
If you have health issues or questions, please consult your doctor, professional trainer, or therapist for recommendations before beginning exercise.
For additional Information on aquatic exercise check with the
Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA).
Check out the
YouTube Videos @
Our YouTube Channel--
Have you ever noticed that people exercising in the pool are smiling --
while people coming out of the weight room don't look very happy?
Join the fun!